We work with HealthPro-Heritage to provide the best rehabilitation services around. We base our therapies on the individual's needs and potential, not strictly on their symptoms or diagnosis. Our dedicated, skilled therapists help those we serve restore confidence, dignity, and a sense of self-worth by using state-of-the art modalities and advanced therapy techniques, including:
Physical therapy helps restore and maintain maximum movement and functional ability. For seniors, therapy can help improve mobility, balance, range of motion and physical strength.
Physical therapy helps improve function, musculoskeletal health, and mobility. Individuals with joint or muscle pain or those who have balance problems or difficulty walking can benefit from physical therapy. Following surgery, physical therapy can be effective in reducing pain, swelling and joint stiffness, and helping you re-gain lost muscle strength and endurance. Typical programs may include:
· Therapeutic exercise
· Strength and mobility training
· Gait and balance training
· Muscle re-education
· Innovative treatment modalities such as heat, cold, & electrical stimulation
Physical therapy is a covered benefit by most insurances when ordered by your health care provider or with an initial evaluation by a physical therapist and a follow up order from your doctor.
Occupational therapists can be instrumental in helping seniors to regain or maintain their independence. Trained therapists work with a variety of diagnoses to educate, alleviate pain, improve safety, and enhance functional performance.
Occupational therapy is concerned with quality of life, and can help people improve their functional abilities and adapt to life changes. By taking the full picture into account-a person's psychological, physical, emotional, and social makeup, as well as their environment-occupational therapy assists clients to:
· Achieve goals
· Function at the highest possible level
· Concentrate on what matters most to them
· Maintain or rebuild their independence
· Participate in daily activities that they need or want to do
Innovative therapies, programs, and procedures include:
· Education & training in daily living skills (e.g., bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, using the bathroom, meal preparation, home management)
· Sensory-motor skills re-training
· Strength & range of motion training
· Cognitive integration techniques
· Selection & use of adaptive equipment
· Design, fabrication, & application of orthoses (splints)
Speech therapy helps improve neurologically impaired abilities to communicate, chewing and swallowing disorders, memory, and/or communication difficulties.
Speech-language pathologists help with all aspects of communication, including speech, voice, language, reading, and writing. Our highly trained therapists use treatment modalities, specialized equipment, and leading-edge therapies to maintain the ability to communicate. Speech therapy also strives to restore and maintain cognition.
To help restore normal function for residents who have difficulty swallowing, we have specialized dysphagia therapies. Speech therapies and procedures include:
· Exercises to stimulate receptive, integrative, & expressive processes
· Sensory-motor activities to stimulate chewing, swallowing, articulatory, & voice processes
· Selection & training in the use of no-oral communications aids, including augmentative systems
· Specialized swallowing therapy
· Cognitive skills training
· Compensatory swallowing techniques